ShareThis

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Revlon Mystical Just Tinted over OPI Sparklicious

This is another of the Revlon Just Tinted sheer jellies I picked up a couple days ago.  This one is called Mystical and its a mauve or dusty light plum colored jelly.  The formula is amazing, goes on great, dries fast.  I first swatched it by itself so you could see the color on the nail.

I wanted to try the sheer jelly over the top of another glitter like I did a few posts back so I picked a glitter with coordinating colors.  I started with 2 coats of OPI Sparklicious from their Burlesque collection.  Sparklicious has gold, blue and purple glitter in it.


Then I added the Mystical over the top - 2 coats.  I don't quite like it as much as the pink glitter sandwich I did, but I do like the finished result.




I have also been using a new topcoat.  I was looking for something a little more economical than Seche Vite since I do my nails so often and read some good reviews on this product...


This is called RUSH 60 Second High Speed Top Coat. It comes in both .5 ounce and huge 1 ounce bottles.  The 1 ounce bottle sells for around $4-5 retail.  The larger bottle has a nice long brush which I like a lot.  As far as application -  it's pros... are also it's cons.   It's much thinner than SV, so I feel like I'm using less product and I've read it doesn't thicken up like SV does.  However, the fact that it's thinner also means it doesn't leave that lovely glossy glass-like finish on the nail that SV does.  You know how you run your finger across your nail and it just feels like glass?  This one doesn't give that.  After 2 coats I still felt a slight bumpiness from the glitter.  I suppose I could have used a product like Gelous to smooth it out first then top coat it, but I know I'll be taking it off in a day or 2 anyway.  My opinion is that if you swatch or do your nails a lot you will like this product, but if you leave your mani on all week you'll notice SV is a superior product. 

By the way, is anyone else noticing Blogger's comment app acting wonky?  It keeps wanting me to log in to my google account and I'm not able to post under my Blogger id.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.