ShareThis

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Revlon Sweetly Seductive scented polishes

Today I have for you swatches of Revlon's new summer scented nail polishes called Sweetly Seductive.  They advertise these as being scented jellies.  All of the polishes have the corresponding color glass flecks in them giving them a shimmer and I used 3 coats on all swatches.  Amanda said they reminded her of Skittles - literally.  And my fingers smelled like a fruit basket!




First up is Apple-tini Fizz.  Apple-tini is a moderately sheer yellow-green or lime green color and the bottle color translates well to the nail.  Coverage and application were both good.  The fragrance reminds me a little of Jolly Rancher apple candies.




Next is Watermelon Fizz.  This was probably my favorite of the collection.  It's an orangy red color with red glass flecks.  Coverage and application were excellent and it was probably the most opaque of the collection, being more of a semi-sheer.  The smell - again - reminded me of a watermelon Jolly Rancher candy.


This one is Orange Fizz and it does indeed smell like orange candy.  It's also more opaque than the others and coverage and application were excellent.  It's probably my favorite fragrance of the collection.



Here we have Grapefruit Fizz.  It's a pink jelly and I don't think it smells that much like grapefruit. Application is good but it's very sheer - expect to use multiple coats.



Pineapple Fizz is a bright yellow jelly.  I expected this to be very sheer, but surprisingly - it's one of the more opaque in the collection.  Application and coverage are excellent but I'm not feeling the 'pineapple' scent.  This color might look a little more pure and bright on someone whose nails aren't stained quite as much as mine.  It's also one of my favorites of the collection.




Here we have Grape Fizz and my reaction was the exact opposite of with Pineapple Fizz.  The bottle color is a deep violet and I expected this to be a rich deep purple but it is much more sheer than it looks.  I used 3 coats and still could have used another.  Fragrance on this one was nice - it did smell like grapes.



Last but not least I have Colada Fizz.  It kinda smells like coconut I guess.  A more chemical-ly coconut.  This was the most sheer of the bunch.  After 3 coats it was still quite sheer.  It's a lovely icy blue color.



There was one color I didn't pick up - a cobalt blue color.  Not because I didn't like the color (it was one of the prettiest ones I thought) but because I knew I wouldn't like the frangrance and didn't want to waste my money.  It was mint scented.

So there you have the Revlon Sweetly Seductive line.  My overall impression was favorable.  They all applied very nicely and dried fast.  The glass flecks give them just the right amount of sparkle.  I'm looking forward to experimenting with these shades by layering them over other colors and textures.

Editor's post note - I applied 3 coats of Orange Fizz for my regular manicure at 9pm and by the next morning the scent had completely dissipated, even with no top coat.  *disappointed face*

3 comments:

  1. I wasn't sure about the Mint, but decided to get it anyway. I now have all of the polishes from all 3 Revlon scented collections....except Beach and Ocean Breeze...eww!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Melissa Birch - I have Beach and I swatched it a couple months ago for St. Patty's day, and I agree -- EWW! I've never used that color since. The color is ugly and the smell is stinky and there's no redeeming qualities about that polish.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.