ShareThis

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Autumn Leaves Nails



Hi all! Fall has officially started for me. It's been about 60-65 degrees all week here in Indy! Let the autumn colors begin!!

I started off with three coats of Color Club Positively Posh. It's a nice dusky mid-brown color. Perfect for fall!



Then I took Pure Ice Fast Lane and sponged it over the brown in little lines. This is supposed to look like little tiny particles of dried leaves floating through the air. Please tell me you know what I'm talking about :)

I didn't have any stamping polishes that looked exactly the color of autumn leaves. What I did was alternate between using red and yellow Konad polish. I also used both colors on stamps sometimes to get a look of uneven color on the leaves. I think it worked pretty well, just wish the polish showed up a little brighter! I was a little disappointed with that, but oh well. Top with Seche Vite and voila! I still think these are very fall appropriate.. I'm digging them :)

When I was taking this picture, a maintenance guy from the apartment walked around into our backyard. He gave me a "WTF are you doing?" kinda look. Embarrassing.. I hate it when people see me taking nail pics!
Take care!

-Amanda

9 comments:

  1. I love this! Bring on the fall! I love cold weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty mani and suitable for the fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable! Makes me want to do a fall mani today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this looks great! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so sweet and pretty, perfect for fall!
    I love the colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo. Love this one. I've been meaning to do something similar but don't really know why I haven't actually. They are very cute Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice fall mani! I know what you mean about getting WTF looks when taking nail pics. :) Guess it is just one of the hazzards of nail art blogging.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.