ShareThis

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Amanda's Top 11 Polishes of 2011

I know everyone is doing these, so I am jumping on the bandwagon!

Keep in mind....during 2011 I was a broke joke for most of the year (actually, I still am a broke joke) so I didn't really get too many new polishes. And there's definitely polishes that would be on this list.... if I had them. But alas, I don't, so you get stuck with a boring top 2011 list! Or exciting because it will be different from everyone putting Glitter Gal and A-England on their lists.... depending on how you look at it ;)

These are in no particular order! Also some of the pictures suck because they were from when I first started blogging....but you get the picture.

1. China Glaze - Sea Spray (Anchors Away collection; Spring 2011)
China Glaze's Anchors Away collection of Spring 2011 was practically made for me. I love pastels, so is it really any surprise that this was one of my favorite colors of the year? And, it was the base for Mad Manis' most popular post ever, my dandelion nails!



2. Zoya - Faye (Sunshine collection; Summer 2011)
I LOVE Zoya polishes, and Faye is one of the most unique polishes in my collection!


3. OPI - Teenage Dream (Katy Perry collection)
Teenage Dream is the most perfect glitter polish in my entire stash. Filled with tiny microglitter and large holographic glitter, what's not to love?!

4. China Glaze - Trendsetter (Metro collection; Fall 2011)
Trendsetter is so ugly it's pretty! I happen to love this color because it's weird and unique, but I do get weird looks when I wear it. Things like "That's uh.....pretty?" I love it!

5. Zoya - Sooki (Summertime collection; Summer 2011)
The most perfect red creme in existence. Nothing else needs to be said.



6. China Glaze - Snowglobe (Let It Snow collection; holiday 2011)
I know this one wasn't released in 2011, but it was re-released as part of China Glaze's holiday collection, and boy is this name accurate! It looks like little chunks of snow all over your nails. So sparkly and pretty, but a PITA to take off.

7. Zoya - Neeka (Smoke and Mirrors collection; fall 2011)
Dusty purple with tiny flecks of glitter in it. Love!

8. Wet n Wild - Rockin Rubies (Ice Baby collection; winter 2011)
My good friend Steph from Imperfectly Painted got this for me for a Secret Santa gift and it shot to the top of my favorites list. Here it's layered over China Glaze Brownstone and WOW. Look at the depth in this one! It's a great red glitter.


9. Color Club - Revvvolution (Femme Fatale)
This isn't a 2011 release either, but I received this one in 2011 so it counts for me. I HAVE to include this...this is probably in my ALL TIME favorite polish list. A charcoal grey holo. WHEE!! I wish the holo was a bit stronger, but I still love it.


















10. OPI - I Lily Love You (Nice Stems collection; summer 2011)
I didn't really much care for any of the other polishes in the Nice Stems collection, but this one is just too pretty to pass up. Pink flakies!


11. China Glaze - Brownstone (Metro collection, Fall 2011)
China Glaze's Metro collection was one of my favorite ever. I liked almost all of the colors in it, but only picked up a few. Brownstone is a reddish brown burgundy color that applies like a dream.


10 comments:

  1. Some great choices! I love posts like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought a discounted bottle of Trendsetter and used it recently. You can check it out. It is ugly/pretty. lol You described it perfectly! I really need to get Snowglobe. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these. Neeka was on my list too ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you included Sea Spray. Anchors Away was my favorite collection from this past year, but it doesn't get much blog love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice! All these nail polishes look very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! Faye is an unexpected favorite of mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks! Revvvolution is one my favs too... and your swatches of Neeka are awersome!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.