ShareThis

Monday, January 9, 2012

Finger Paints Flecked

Hello everyone.  I'm happy to be well enough to post again, as the last 2 weeks has been a real challenge for me.  The flu has really knocked me on my butt - I was sick in bed for 6 full days.  By the time I was beginning to feel a little bit better, I had to prepare for Amanda's visit to Boston.  We had only 3 glorious days together before she and her brother returned to Indy.

My nails have taken a beating this winter.  Since November they've been in terrible shape - first from all the packing and moving/lifting heavy boxes, coupled with the cold weather and being sick (I broke 2 on my picture hand one night as I stumbled to the bathroom) - I've had to cut them down to nubs again.  So until they grow back out you'll have to live with my non picture hand nubbins.

I did manage to score two complete sets of the Finger Paints Special Effects flakies yesterday.  The one I'm showcasing today is Flecked - which is a green flakie that flashes blue in some lighting.  Here I have layered it over OPI Here Today Aragon Tomorrow, which is a deep forest green.

I used two coats for my pictures, but the flakies are very dense and one coat will actually cover quite nicely.  With the small amount I used (even using 2 coats) I can tell this polish will last me a while.  The special effects polishes are meant for layering, and although you can use them over any color, applying over dark colors is where they really shine.  I did experience a little bit of tip shrinkage which was most likely caused by the SV top coat.




5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful combo!! Glad you're feeling better. The flu is no joke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these flakies. Have you seen the one in Deborah Lippmann's Edge of Glory set? It has greens and blues, and oranges, and purples, and yellows. It's just stunning, really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw glad you're feeling better. This flakie is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better! I love these flakies!! I had gotten 3 sets and mailed two sets off to international bloggers so they can have fun with them!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.